Monday, July 14, 2008

Even Mayo Clinic Screws up......

Okay it's 4am and can't sleep. What's the deal? the Dr's orders were written wrong for the Sunday night medicines. I had a choice throw a fit and show I haven't learned anything from "anger management" lessions, page the doctor at home on Sunday night (and be rude) or try to tough it out. I chose the a last. They forgot my sleep med. I'm still taking Vicodan for my Cellulitis in my elphantitis knee and a new (did it before) mood drug. And was supposed toss in my Sleep med from my Austin Sleep Dr. - but it was eliminated from the chart. Another sleepless night. Shouldn't happen in a place with more Drs. than water but it does. Face it Life is not perfect. If you seek perfection, you needed to inhabit the planet before Christ at least. So, anyway it's time to thank all the wonderful Drs. I met at Mayo so far- Dr. Mark Frye- great guy, brilliant mind, Dr. Staab, same category -Man they both know there stuff on "mood disorders". thanks again to Dr. Nygyuen at St. Mary's for the triage on my leg, Dr. Nick Staros -the orthoped was hectic, busy but thorough, Grant Bauer is the Mood Disorder administrator - he the houdini behind the curtain with extra appointments,MRI, triage consultants, mobility rides and lots of fine details, I hope he can sleep without worrying what he might have missed. You, the faith based people hae been really nice, not overwhelming but there as a constant when I needed something like a pillar- a Communion, a short prayer a Sunday service, daingit, George Bush and others are right about Faith- it needs to be in one's life. And lastly the nursing staff have been super professional. My second stay in a clinic to improve myself and I could not have asked for a more caring bunch of individuals. All Mid-westerners with great ethics and "can-do" attitude. Mayo has been good to me. A step back, a time to reflect and revevaluate "why this drug" "why this remedy" and "why this course of action" Does it make sense? Sure I'm missing one night of sleep - but in the big scheme of things - it really doesn't matter. Oh, and almost forgot my fellow patients - Jeez nice class of people, Mayo knows who and how to select a good bunch of interacting social mis-fits that can listen and learn and have lots of remaining potential. Thanks Mayo - you'll be on contribution list.

No comments: