Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rolling and rocking -keep that midnight train going

Okay- mix the meds- Mirtazapene with PerPhenazine throw in some Xanax and maybe split a Valium or so. Then I'm supposed to sleep. I know what Heath Ledger went through. It's simple- I tried to get my three doctors to arrange a conference call and talk about my case (Sleep Doctor, Family Practice Guy and Psychiatrist) real simple concept- at the end of everyone's day they just call into a bridge number and Case Number 10001 is me. Let's all talk about me and who prescribing what and when. But NO. Doctors don't do that. I couldn't tell you the thousands of Conference Calls at Microsoft I've been on over the last 10 years on silly little subjects (how to expense a business trip to certain campaign etc...). Seems every Monday I had 6 conference calls in one day. Not to talk about the number of conference call at the end of a quarter or FY. Doctors don't want to communicate with each - they hide . They avoid conflict much better than a Microsoft middle manager could ever dream avoiding conflict (that's a joke). I thought doctors were charged with oath - This is from that oath :"I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone.
To please no one will I prescribe a deadly drug nor give advice which may cause his death."

All I wanted was a joint meeting of the minds- who's treating what part of my body, when and why and how. And who has first call. Is that so difficult? In medicine today sadly, it is.

No comments: