Friday, June 27, 2008

Acupuncture- will it help?

Okay, I'll try just about anything. Today was the go go round with Acupuncture. Dr. Liu at Austin Oriental Medicine Clinic. First time patient -I was a leery walk in. Completed the forms ran my credit card through the machine and $85.00 later I was foot naked and belly exposed on the cushion bed with him pricking needles in me. My stomach for indigestion, my shins and ankles for circulation and my forehead -I guess for sleep. We'll see how Dr. Liu did tonight. Half way through the 90 minute treatment (sure get a lot for your $85.00) I started to cramp and had to yell for help. My leg all were numb for 10-15 minutes based on the placement of his needles, I mean, Man- I could have be a parapalegthic and not known it. Then all of a sudden whack- everything went out of sych and I started to cramp. As bad as I've ever cramped up. He removed the needles and tried to massage the kinks out to me but No Doin. I was tighter than a drum. Geez, acupuncture does work some how. It can really balance and unbalance you body flow. I was once a skeptic, now I believe. I''m going back to see what a 2nd treatment does. I bought some herbs he prescribed for sleep and digestion. We'll what they do. Go golly, miss Molly I'm tweaking my old bod in so many ways -we may have too many varibables to know what's a keeper and what's a waiste of time. At this point , I'm desperate until Mayo Clinic. Mayo Count Down 9 days. Can't wait. Please God, let me sleep, All I want to do is sleep

No comments: